- bow tie
- nouna man's tie that ties in a bow
* * *\\bō\ noun: a short necktie tied in a bowknot
* * */boh/1. a small necktie tied in a bow at the collar.2. a sweet roll or Danish pastry having a shape similar to that of a bow tie or butterfly.[1910-15]
* * *bow tie nounA necktie tied in a two-looped bowknot, often for formal wear• • •Main Entry: ↑bow
* * *a narrow piece of cloth that a man puts around his collar and ties into a bow , usually for special occasionsThesaurus: accessories worn around the neck and shouldershyponym
* * *bow tie «boh»,a small necktie tied in a bow.
* * *[bō]n. a necktie in the form of a bow or a knot with two loops■ a pattern used for patchwork quilts, resembling such a necktie
[as adj.]a bow-tie quilt
* * *noun, pl ⋯ -ties [count]: a narrow length of cloth that is worn by men around the neck and tied into a bow at the throat — compare ↑necktie
* * *bow tie [bow tie bow ties] [ˌbəʊ ˈtaɪ] [ˌboʊ ˈtaɪ] nouna man's tie that is tied in the shape of a ↑bow and that does not hang down
Useful english dictionary. 2012.